Re: Debian 11: MTA Exim4 not listening to fetchmail

Roger Price (12022-07-10):
> I have successfully used fetchmail and the MTA exim4 to receive mail on a
> Debian 9 machine for several years.  I am now trying to migrate this to
> Debian 11, but fetchmail no longer talks to exim4.

I have never understood why fetchmail's default operation was to pass to
a MTA. Sure, it can be useful in some cases, but most basic usage will
do much better directly sending to the MDA.

So my advice: unless you want incoming mail, get rid of exim and just
use the mda option of fetchmail.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George