Re: Stop XFCE saving the state?

Cindy Sue Causey writes:
> On 7/5/22, Ash Joubert <ash@transient.nz> wrote:
> > On 06/07/2022 10:53, John Conover wrote:
> >> How to stop XFCE saving the state when logging out of Bullseye XFCE?
> >
> > Uncheck the box "Applications (XFCE X with mouse icon) / Setting /
> > Session and Startup / Logout Settings / Automatically save session on
> > logout". You can also adjust your session autostart programs.
>
> There's also a place to toggle something on and off if you get a GUI
> window when you click logout in the Applications menu. I'm using LXQt
> right now so I logged out and went into XFCE4 to verify what I'd seen
> in the past.
>
> There's a checkbox and something very close to "Save session for
> future logins" at the bottom of mine. I accidentally clicked it and
> triggered it on a long time ago so I know it can be easily overlooked
> when we're focused on things we've done a thousand times.

Thanks, Cindy.

There is an issue with Bullseye's XFCE. It changes the
Settings->Session and Startup->Saved Sessions Default
on logout, (apparently the current session,) even though
Settings->Session and Startup->Logout Settings->Automatically
save session on logout is NOT checked.

Logging back in, immediately, results in ~/Desktop not being scanned,
and any windows, (i.e., Thunderbird,) having no borders, and
positioned over the top bar of XFCE, and the menu system in
Thunderbird disappears when the mouse is moved, which was NOT the
session at logout, (it has the current date, though.)

Any help would be appreciated,

    John

--

John Conover, conover@panix.com, http://www.johncon.com/