Re: Problem mounting encrypted blu-ray disc or image

Hi,

B.M. wrote that dmesg reports:
> UDF-fs: warning (device dm-10): udf_load_vrs: No VRS found

That's a very early stage of UDF recognition.
Given that you were able to copy files into that UDF image by help of
the Linux kernel driver, i deem it improbable that the properly decrypted
UDF format would be in such a bad shape.

So it looks like decryption uses a wrong key when you mount it again.

Consider to exercise the procedure without encryption to make sure
that the resulting $IMGFILE are recognizable UDF and contain the files
which you expect. Just to be sure.

> my last backups consist of two discs each, and I cannot
> mount the first one but I can mount the second one for each of them

Hard to explain.

I see a theoretical race condition in the sequence of
  IMGLOOP=`losetup -f`
and
  losetup $IMGLOOP $IMGFILE
but cannot make up a situation where this would lead to silent failure
to encrypt.

What does
  file "$IMGFILE"
say ?

Consider to use --verbose and/or --debug with the two runs of
cryptsetup luksOpen. Maybe you see a reason why they are at odds.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas