Re: Firmware III grub

There is also "su -p", which stands for "preserve". You need this, if you want
use graphical applications as a normal user, which need root rights (for
example wireshark or editing config files with kwrite, with owner "root").

I remember, there was "sux" in earlier times (dunno if it was a SuSE thingi or
in debian, too), and as far as I remember, it was a wrapper for su in X (same
as "su -p" now). However, I strongly belive, sux is no more used any more and
dead.

Best regards

Hans