Re: Acer CMOS Setup and Ctrl+S [was Installation fails to recognize SSD]

On Sat, May 14, 2022, 5:19 PM David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
On 5/14/22 09:52, Felmon Davis wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2022, David Christensen wrote:
>
>> Does Acer document the CMOS Setup Ctrl+S key combination?
>
> the only 'documentation' I've seen is in the webs. I noticed if you
> search "Acer AHCI" you get a ton of hits on something called
> <https://community/acer.com>. as far as I've looked so far, that's a
> user forum.
>
> ok, you made me do it. I searched for a manual but I don't see anything
> in it about hidden options:
> <https://www.manuals.ca/acer/aspire-5-a515-54g-76pk/manual>
>
> so the solution comes from folklore.
>
> fjd

Thank you for researching it.
If I were an Acer product owner, I would complain to Acer.

The doc you cite tells you on pg 36 how to enter the setup CMOS interface. It's an F2 key.
Note that Acer doesn't write the BIOS, they buy it. So you go to that BIOS manufacturer's support site for doc usually. There are only a handful of BIOS providers, fewer than motherboard makers or computer brands.

David