Re: dlna server for roku?

On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 05:29:36PM +0000, Lee wrote:
I'd like to watch my own video files on a Roku; apparently what I need
is DLNA software on my server..
I haven't read anything really good about
MiniDLNA/ReadyDLNA/ReadyMedia, so before I spend who knows how much
time tring to get it working, is there some other DLNA server software
that I should be looking at?

MiniDLNA works for me. I stream to Roku devices, and it's packaged in
Debian. Sometimes some media or other doesn't appear on the end device.
When that happens I just transcode it (It hasn't happened to anything
where I'd be concerned about the fidelity of doing so)

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.

👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland
✎	 jmtd@debian.org