Re: google account say it will no longer deliver email

On 2022-05-11 14:25, Fero Dali wrote:
I got a warning from google that my account will be discontinued.

On May 30, you may lose access to apps that are using less secure sign-in
technology
To help keep your account secure, Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account
using only your username and password. Instead, you’ll need to sign in
using Sign in with Google

I have used a google account to read email from mailing lists. I am using fetchmail to get emails from google. Now it says it will discontinue this access to my mail. I do not want to use webmail (I need to receive my mail
on my computer). Is there a way to somehow download emails from gmail
as I used to after May 30?

There's scripts been posted on the getmail mailing list to fix this.
I ought to sort it out in the next day or so but it might be easier to stop using gmail.
There's some other limiting thing coming in later apparently.
google instructions here.
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

mick

--