google account say it will no longer deliver email

I got a warning from google that my account will be discontinued.

> On May 30, you may lose access to apps that are using less secure sign-in
> technology
> To help keep your account secure, Google will no longer support the use of
> third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account
> using only your username and password. Instead, you’ll need to sign in
> using Sign in with Google

 I have used a google account to read email from mailing lists. I am using
fetchmail to get emails from google. Now it says it will discontinue this
access to my mail. I do not want to use webmail (I need to receive my mail
on my computer). Is there a way to somehow download emails from gmail
as I used to after May 30?

Thanks