Re: Alternatives to ISC dhcp-client ?

On 2022-05-08 11:19:33 +0800, Jeremy Ardley wrote:
> Of note: Using systemd-networkd you should not use NetworkManager or
> networking services. I think both use the ISC dhcp client

And what about NetworkManager users?

Note: it has its own internal DHCP client, but it is not robust on
buggy networks:

And the dhclient hooks are not run:

So I don't use it.

In particular, in my /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf isc-dhcp-client
configuration file, I have

  prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;

to be able to use the local nameserver preferably (the nameservers
provided by the DHCP server are still needed on networks that
filter UDP).