Re: customize Debian 11 evironment in lightdm (and in general?)

Hello David and Greg,

Giovanni Biscuolo <g@xelera.eu> writes:

[...]

>> On Fri, 6 May 2022 at 02:55, Giovanni Biscuolo <g@xelera.eu> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> The problem is that the lightdm (and LXDE) XDG_DATA_DIRS is missing
>>> "/home/patrizia/.guix-profile/share" and this is the reason why
>>> applications installed with Guix are not listed in my menu.

I did a test changing the user session started by gdm3 (also tried
lightdm): using Mate instead of LXDE is working, I have a correct
XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable (and thus graphical menu and MIME
associations in file manager);  sorry I did not try this before!

Tomorrow I'll try on my other laptop, where I have the same problem

Happy hacking!  Gio'

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures