Re: Networking book recommendation

On 5/5/22 12:31, john doe wrote:

At the time I set up this, I googled this subject and came to the
conclusion that SSH through VPN was a better fit (flexibility, two
layers of security, VPN advantages when connecting on public wifi) for me.

I prefer to have SSH available both via old-school port forwarding and via VPN. That way, when one breaks the other may still work.

It's always a challenge trying to balance the convenience of centralization during normal operations against fall-back capabilities during adverse conditions. The latter can be thought of as a form of risk management.

David