Re: Crucial SSDs and Debian Bullseye

On 27/04/2022 18:11, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:
It is next to impossible to actually mishandle and "toast" a device
simply by unpacking it and connecting to a SATA port. (Even when PC is
powered on¹).
SSDs are not fragile, they are electrically compatible with SATA
standard, so both data and power port parts won't do any damage to a
device, no matter how old or new the hardware is.

Agree. On my Debian server, I've been actually hot-plugging SATA drives,
both HDD and SSD for years. Never had a problem. Linux detects
everything on the fly :)

If new SSD cannot be detected in OP Toshiba laptop, its most likely
faulty SSD or user error. Nothing to do with Debian.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/