Re: sane-backend for Epson EcoTank ET-2711

Am Wed, 4 May 2022 12:50:14 +0100
schrieb Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>:

>I wonder whether the net backend is required. What happens if the
>entry is commented out?

My fault: net was enabled, therefore I thought, that it is necessary.
According to your proposal I disabled net and access to ET2711 is
possible. So no need to enable net, airscan alone is sufficient.

>Scanning is taking place using the WSD (Web Services for Devices)
>protocol. The eSCL protocol needs AirPrint on the device.

I thought eSCL is just a synonym for WSD. Wrong or right? This is my
first approach to scanning and I'm not very familiar with the different
scanning protocols.

>Would you confirm you can scan with
>
>  xsnae "airscan:w0:EPSON ET-2710 Series"

It works.

>Unfortunately, the vendor's implementation of WSD may offer only
>a limited number of resolutions. airscan cannot do anything about
>this; it can only work with what it is told by the device.

Agreed.

>With a USB connection, what do you get for
>  lsusb -v | grep -A 3 bInterfaceClass.*7 ?

The output is:

>      bInterfaceClass         7 Printer
>      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Printer
>      bInterfaceProtocol      2 Bidirectional
>      iInterface              6 USB2.0 Printer

Dieter