Re: sane-backend for Epson EcoTank ET-2711

On Tue 03 May 2022 at 23:47:44 +0200, Dieter Rohlfing wrote:

> Am Sun, 1 May 2022 12:26:00 +0100
> schrieb Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>:
>
> >you have a modern device (from about 2018) that does not support AirPrint
>
> Sorry, that's wrong.

Really?

AirPrint is not mentioned in the device's specifications at

  https://www.epson.co.uk/products/printers/inkjet/consumer/ecotank-et-2711/p/23003

nor at

  https://openprinting.github.io/printers/

> In my previous postings I was regarding a connection via USB cable. For
> that case the sane-backend epsonds does not work, but the epsonscan2
> backend from Epson, although epsonscan2 fails for network scanning.
>
> The Epson ET2711 can be connected via USB cable and WiFi. In the latter
> case the ET2711 has an IP and therefore can be directly addressed by the
> client, who wants to scan.
>
> You have to enable the sane net backend and the client automatically
> recognizes the ET2711 via the escl protocol (the package sane-airscan
> must be installed and enabled). Now the ET2711 is listed by 'scanimage
> -L'; 'scanimage -T', simple-scan and xsane work flawlessly.

That's all you did? Enable the net backend? Nothing else?

Please give what you get for

  scanimage -L

  airscan-discover

--