Re: Debian 11 - Remove sid and go back to stable

Georgi Naplatanov wrote:
>   - install needed packages you uninstalled in previous step. In this
> step Debian will install packages from testing and you probably won't
> have problems.
>
> Good luck!

  what i would do before anything else is create a new
partition with plenty of space and install stable into that
(do not share any directories with other installations until
you know exactly what you are doing).

  after that you can play around with the broken set up.  :)

  i normally run testing and find it works for me but there
are a few programs i want more recent versions so i run
those directly by pulling them from github and others i use
the versions from unstable.

  i don't update my stable partition until i have a good
working testing setup and no major issues remain with
existing programs that i must have available.

  it is kind of like playing leapfrog sometimes.

  songbird