Re: SSD Optimization - Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1

On 29.09.2022 18:54, Marcelo Laia wrote:
Hi,

Recently, I bought a SSD SATA Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1.

Nowadays, one week a go, debian testing system got crashed because partition got read only.

It is expected for partitions to fallback into read-only mode if there are errors reported from the driver.

I suspect this is a reason from some upgrade and I suspect that an SSD optimization can solve this problem.

SSD firmware is up to date. This version is M3CR043.
Based on the info you've sent, there are a few options to try:
1. Replace SATA cable with a known working one. I suggest this because there are a few errors were registered in SMART Attribute 199. 2. Test the drive within the most basic conditions, like one GPT partition and Ext4 filesystem without "discard" option. Leave extra layers like LVM, LUKS, TRIM feature, etc, aside for now. 3. There is a possibility a BIOS\Firmware update for your motherboard could improve compatibility with SSD's internal controller.

There are no "SSD optimization" exist that would be required for a SSD to function. They are "it just works" kind of devices. Overall SMART looks clean to me, like the one from a brand new SSD would look like. There are multiple similar reports on the Internet, so I'd suspect it is more of a hardware\firmware compatibility issue than a faulty drive. E.g. there is a high chance this SSD would work just fine inside another PC (with different motherboard, ICH, BIOS, etc.)

Can you show us more info about your PC/Laptop? A report from "inxi" would be great. You can get all possible info and filter out private data, with these parameters:
    $ sudo inxi -a -v 8 -za

Here is some informations:

:~$ sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda

https://pastebin.com/Jyrhn1A2

:~$ sudo journalctl --since "2022-09-25 00:00:00" | grep sda

https://pastebin.com/QtCqpJPm

:~$ sudo journalctl --since "2022-09-25 00:00:00" | grep ata1

https://pastebin.com/x5QdaYQU

:~$ sudo journalctl --since "2022-09-25 00:00:00" | grep error

https://pastebin.com/1hEPm7YX

Have you some clue and/or advise here?

Thank you so much!

--