Re: idempotent (was Re: exif --remove not idempotent, and a Debian man page bug)

The Wanderer wrote:

> If the nature of operation O is such that objects B and
> C are guaranteed to always be identical, no matter what
> object A was, then operation O is categorized as
> being idempotent.

It has to do with the number of times it is applied,

abs(x) = abs(abs(x)) = abs..(abs(abs(x)))

The same!

This is the math definition, my use case of the word was
applied programming so it cannot be _exactly_ like that.

Well, maybe in Haskell it can ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal