Re: Softraid & partclone

Hi Testler,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 10:43:46PM +0300, Testler Test wrote:
> > Read the device that contains the data, /dev/mdX. Or add your new drive
> > to the RAID, wait for synchronization, then remove it.
>
> Postgresql is installed on the system.  Disk states are healthy.
> However, the tables in the database are giving an error. I can't get a
> backup. Error while backing up.

You didn't mention anything about damage in your original email,
even though filesystem or device error seems to be your primary
problem. So that was a very unhelpful way for you to start out.

The next entirely unhelpful thing you did was to say there is an
error without showing us the exact text of that error.

Further, you say "disk states are healthy", but you don't SHOW US
that. So we have no wya to know by what means you have determined
that the "disk states are healthy" and no way to know what further
to suggest to you in that area.

You are making it very hard for anyone to help you.

Let's see some of these error texts.

Let's see the output of "smartctl -A" for every device in your
RAIDs.

Let's see the output of "cat /proc/mdstat".

Then we might be able to get you closer to your goal of being able
to back up the postgres tables you have in a database that is stored
on an MD array. If that is indeed your goal.

There might be further questions.

Cheers,
Andy