Re: question about sound

On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 1:37 PM Bob McGowan <ramjr0915@gmail.com> wrote:
The command to add a user to a group is:  useradd -G
groupname[,groupname...] username

For example:  useradd -G audio,pulsaudio bob

Useradd creates a new user account. Usermod modifies an existing account.

sudo usermod -a -G audio <UserName>

Make sure you use the -a to append the new group to your existing groups or it will wipe out your existing groups.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/