Re: question about sound

The command to add a user to a group is:  useradd -G groupname[,groupname...] username

For example:  useradd -G audio,pulsaudio bob

On 8/17/22 10:21, Jude DaShiell wrote:
the user that's doing this would need to be added to the audio group and
maybe the pulseaudio group if that group exists.  The groupadd command can
do that for the user but groupadd has to be used by root to get that done.
Before doing any of that, a user can find what groups they're already in
by typing the groups command and a list should appear showing the groups.
Man groupadd can show how to use that command when it's time.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> .