Windows on VMware on Deb 11: safely usable?

Unfortunately, I have to have a Windows host. I have given up dual hosting because of the pain, so I am using a dedicated Win 10 box and a Deb laptop.

I would love to run Windows on a VM on Debian iff I can have it be reliable enough to use with reasonable response (no games, just Office 360, IO Drive, H&R Block, and such). I haven't kept up with the VM world but a quick search shows VMware might be a good choice.

Anyone using such a rig for the real world (i.e., not testing or as a hobby)? If it is reliable, I plan to get a hefty SilentPC to run my primary digital duopoly.

Thanks.

-Tom