Re: How do you mount a solid state drive? ...

On 7/28/22 03:26, David wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 at 14:33, <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 06:54:32PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
An easy way to locate an ssd is to have it unplugged from the system and
run lsblk and save that to a file then plug the ssd in and run lsblk again
saving its output to another file.  The line in the second file that's
missing from the first file is the ssd.
Nice trick :)
A similar trick that I use when I like to see the difference in real
time as the device is connected and disconnected, or if the connection
might be unreliable:
   watch lsblk -f

.
Seems like it s/b, but doesn't see my camera, but a tail on /var/log/syslog sees it just fine.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis