How do you mount a solid state drive? ...

 I googled: "mount solid state drive" Linux, and I got very few hits
(like 16?) which were mostly totally irrelevant.
 I got a laptop with Windows installed on which I installed WSLg.
WIndows and WSLg both seem to detect the SSD just fine, but in ways
that are not totally clear to me.
 What I care about is using the SSD for my data intensive code in
Linux, but when I boot that computer with Debian live I can't see the
SSD.
 What could be going on?
 lbrtchx