Re: [OT] still blue

On 7/25/22 04:57, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Nicolas George wrote:

The color triangle possible by the RGB scheme is a tiny part
of the colors that light can express. It cannot show real
oranges, yellows, turquoises, only washed down
approximations, and it is even worse for indigos
and violets.
Still, that's what I will use so what what would you do to
write a function that will return a RRGGBB that is always blue
and as many blues as possible possible?

Those of you that can remember seeing the NTSC color bars test signal, that was designed to show all 6 points of that triangle, by synthesizing the RGB primary colors, and their complements which were 100% red and 100 green, aka 100% of two main colors at the same time. Easily generated by feeding
a couple digital frequency dividers into the encoder.

The resulting additive colors were yellow(RG), magenta(RB), and cyan(GB).

Printing that picture however, is a subtractive process, which explains why the inks used are the
complimentary colors of yellow, magenta and and cyan.

The yellow ink does not reflect blue, magenta absorbs green, and cyan absorbs red. That chemistry, sometimes even involving fluorescence, is probably as closely guarded as the recipe for coco-cola is.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis