Re: [OT] still blue

On 7/25/22 04:47, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 10:36:15AM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:

[...]

Many good points. I'd add:

  - colour perception varies by individuum far more
    than we are usually aware of

Cheers
This is far more true than folks admit to, Tomas. Back when US TV was broadcast in NTSC, the people in the ditch, aka the switchers in our parlance, in charge of the switching between programs and commercials, were often varying degrees of color blind. I've spent nearly 50 years keeping one tv station or another on the air
so I've had a long tine to observe broadcasting from the station viewpoint.

The best of them learned to read a "vectorscope", and the more color blind they were, the better they were about twiddling the dial to get the correct color. The vectorscope did not lie. Something I always had to
teach new hires about.

Something else I should mention, is that the vectorscope itself was color blind in that on the scope, a black persons face was exactly the same color, the melatonin in their skin was just a lower brightness version of
the same color.  The actual vector did not change.

Take care & stay well, Tomas.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis