Three unsolvable Problems

Hello.
Maybe somebody has got an idea.

1
We have about 20 USB Sticks.
Last 6 months five of them feel like being destroyed.

What did we do wrong?

Put them in the PC
they are not accepted and not recognized.
Sometimes they could be repaired by a neighbour who ist using Windows.

2
Printer is not working.
We give an order
and only a light is flashing that shows a bug.
How can we find out if the printer ist destroyed or if we did something wrong?

Linux is recognising the Printer but it is not doing printing.

3
With the digicam we made MP4 files - videos.
Because the battery became empty the files are not finalized.
So vlc or avidemux cannot open them.

Can somebody help to repair them e.g. with FFmpeg?

Thank you for help.

Regards
Sophie