OT, Re: Answering to the question (was: Problem Running Python with Apache2 on Debian)

On 7/22/2022 6:50 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
Edwin Zimmerman (12022-07-22):
You are right.  I stopped reading when I saw the tkinter import.

I was considering sending to this list a general advice about answering
the question as it is asked, with three checks. You just made me insert
a fourth one at the beginning and convinced me to send it. As you can
see, nothing personal, is is just a coincidence I decide now.

So, people who are about to answer a question on this mailing list,
before hitting the key that will send your mail, ask yourself four
questions.

1. Have you read the question in full?

Language barrier.

2. Does your mail actually answer the question?

3. If not, do you have a strong argument to think your mail will be
    useful even though it does not answer the question?

You should also answer (2) and (3) before polluting this list.

4. If so, have you exposed this argument in your mail?

If the answer to any of these question is NO, then either do not send
your mail or update it. Because otherwise, you are wasting everybody's
time, starting with your own.

This e-mail is out of line, unappropriate, please refrain from judging
others.

--
John Doe