Re: Lost internet access after "# apt update"

On 6/30/22, Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
> (...)
>
> Note I had just updated and upgraded three Deb 11 servers in the cloud and
> was lulled into thinking my home laptop should update just as flawlessly.
> But I was sorely mistaken! Now, while on the laptop, I can see that I
> appear to be connected to my LAN, but I cannot access the internet. Other
> devices (two iPhones, two iPads, and a Windows box) can access the network
> and the internet. From my router I can see the laptop is connected to it.

Hi, what's the output of `ip route` ?

Can you ping to something like google.com ?

If the laptop is connected to the LAN (I suppose through Wi-Fi) maybe
the DHCP assigned the same local IP-address to more than one device
(I'm just guessing), and sometimes that blocks the Internet access.

Hope you had luck with the issue. Kind regards!