Re: Customizing firefox-esr.

On 2022-06-28 at 16:53, gene heskett wrote:

> On 6/28/22 09:47, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
>
>> I'm interested in two details of firefox-esr behaviour.
>>
>> (1) The usual result of a click of the mouse pointer in a
>> graphical text editor is a setting of the insertion point.
>> Dragging the pointer selects an extent.
>>
>> A click of the pointer in the address bar of firefox selects the
>> complete URL. Does anyone have a simple configuration so that a
>> click sets the insertion point without selecting?
>>
>> Dragging selects as in an editor?
>>
>> (2) Is there a simple configuration so that the "Find in page" bar
>> is always present at the bottom of the window?  Present when
>> firefox opens and remaining present until quiting.
>>
>> Thx,                                    ... P.L.
>
> A dbl-click turns the address bar into editable.

But it passes through a state of "contents of the address bar selected"
along the way...

...which, unless even *more* rules of how the system should behave are
somehow being bypassed, means that the contents of the address bar get
copied into the X clipboard, replacing whatever was already there.

That's the biggest reason why I consider this described behavior a
problem in the Linux environment - and is also the point on which I'd
expect to lean if I were to report this as a bug in hopes of getting it
fixed, probably by getting the config option added back.

I don't particularly expect to go to the trouble of making that effort
any time soon, however.

--
   The Wanderer