Re: Customizing firefox-esr.

On 6/28/22 09:47, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
I'm interested in two details of firefox-esr behaviour.

(1) The usual result of a click of the mouse pointer in a graphical
text editor is a setting of the insertion point.  Dragging the pointer
selects an extent.

A click of the pointer in the address bar of firefox selects the
complete URL. Does anyone have a simple configuration so that a click
sets the insertion point without selecting?

Dragging selects as in an editor?

(2) Is there a simple configuration so that the "Find in page" bar is
always present at the bottom of the window?  Present when firefox
opens and remaining present until quiting.

Thx,                                    ... P.L.

A dbl-click turns the address bar into editable.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis