Re: Is there an easy way to get the latest version number of a source package that is available?

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 03:31:01PM +0100, Tim Woodall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> apt-get --only-source --download-only source <package>
>
> will download the latest version of the source package.
>
> Is there a one liner that will give me the version of the package
> (including the epoch) without downloading the package and parsing the
> dsc?

If you are not opposed to installing the devscripts package, then you
can do this:

$ rmadison -u debian -a source -s unstable firefox-esr
firefox-esr | 91.10.0esr-1  | unstable   | source

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez