Re: Need advice on known work with linux graphics card.

> What really changed recently is the move from Nvidia to open-source
> their drivers, making it an alternative to those who don't want to use
> proprietary drivers:
> https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia-open-kernel&num=1

It's a great news, indeed, but it's a small step.  It's still not
integrated into mainline kernels, only includes the kernel part of their
driver stack, and is still tied to specific kernel releases, so to the
end user it won't make much of a practical difference (yet).  It will
still be the same mess of matching kernel versions and driver versions.

I think the most visible impact for Debian is that the kernel part of
the driver will be in `main` rather than in `non-free`.

        Stefan