Re: Feature request: install package by passing URL to apt-get

On 6/24/2022 10:03 AM, Bijan Soleymani wrote:

To me anytime you need to use su or sudo to do something, you should not think it is harmless, no matter how simple or easy.

Although all that being said, I remember a long time ago getting into a situation with apt or dpkg (removing libc or installing an incompatible libc), where I got a message, along the lines of:

Warning you're probably about to destroy your system. Please literally type:

Yes, do what I say!

to proceed.

:)

Bijan