Re: Status of Virtualbox in debian

Le lundi 20 juin 2022 à 14:21 +0200, Anders Andersson a écrit :
> I remember when Virtualbox was removed from debian, and I remember
> the
> reasons. That's why I was surprised when I saw a recent message to
> the
> list where a user tried to install it. Searching for "virtualbox"
> indeed shows me that it is available in stretch-backports and sid:
> https://packages.debian.org/virtualbox&exact=1
>
> Has something changed that makes virtualbox workable again, or has it
> *always* been available in sid?

Hello,

>From the Virtualbox page on the Debian wiki:
https://wiki.debian.org/VirtualBox
[...]
"Debian 10 "Buster" and Debian 11 "Bullseye"

Packages for VirtualBox are not officially available in stable releases of Debian, due to lack of cooperation from upstream on security support for older releases. See 794466

However, new versions of VirtualBox are made available to stable users on a "rolling" basis by Debian Fast Track, a Debian project. This is currently available for Debian 10 and 11."
[...]