Re: digikam import fails

On Friday, 17 Jun 2022 at 21:51, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> I can chose that in my camera's menu (memory, MTP, auto, something else
> I forgot). I chose memory and "download" the stuff with rsync. Works a
> charm.

I can choose the USB connection properties/protocol on my day to day
camera (aka phone) but not on my actual camera that is not a phone.  So
it's "eject card; plug into computer; ..." for me.

For the phone, I don't bother about cables and instead use scp to
transfer photos from it to my computer over the network (running sshd on
the phone)...  but that's another story.

> Oh, I have no DE, so I mount the cam explicitly. I don't like things
> auto-mounting. But I'm weird :)

I guess I'm weird as well then... ;-)

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 29.0.50 2022-06-17) on Debian 11.3