Re: digikam import fails

On 2022-06-17, gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

>> When I plug in my camera to a US port,  it shows up on the desktop,
>> at which point I can mount it.  Then I can access it and copy/move
>> stuff to wherever,  using mc or whatever utility you like.  Why is
>> some special program needed for this?

> Probably the desktop Roy, I'm using xfce4.

I would like to point out my simple technique for exchanging files with
other devices on the same LAN. I haven't been following these very Proustian
threads of yours (Proustian in terms of *length*), so I'm unaware how many
photos you're wanting to download from your phone (this solution may not
scale for the movement of a great number of files), but

snapdrop.net

in a browser on both the sending and receiving device has worked for me
here on occasion (of course, as you're well aware, I don't adhere to the
high hacker standards of some of our more venerable correspondents).

It all happens locally with Javascript, if ever you would want to try it out.

À bientôt,