Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Does DEBIAN BullsEye has FIPS package available

On 2022-06-15 18:08, Dan Ritter wrote:
Tapas Das wrote:
Dan,

On Redhat Linux, to enable FIPS, FIPS package is available
https://access.redhat.com/discussions/3293631 ==> Explains how to validate if FIPS is enabled on Redhat Linux

I am looking for something like that, whereby I can install a package and enable FIPS on Debian.

No, if this is important to you, your deployment system should
ensure that the  boot system passes fips=1 to the kernel.

I'm not sure why you would need a package for that; it's a
configuration item that only makes sense if you set it at boot
time.

There may be user space components too. I don't know if Debian still ships with openssl or another SSL library now but openssl specifically can be compiled in some FIPS compatibility mode.

Bijan