Re: Weird printing issue...

On 6/15/22 03:26, nimrod wrote:
Hi,

this actually could seem a LibreOffice issue, but I'm not so sure.

In this image you can see a tipical library index card, 3x5 inches. It
is a page of Writer document whose page style has exactly these
dimensions, 3"x5". It prints quite well on the physical card of the
same dimensions (though the toner is going down so the quality is not
good).

But, as you can see, on the left, highlighted in green, there is an
additional and absolutely unwanted vertical strips which is clearly
"copied" from the card. It seems impossible to prevent such stripes to
be printed.

If I save the document as PDF and print it with Evince, the same
happens. The stripes never appear in the documents, ODT nor PDF, only
when the documents are actually printed.

It doesn't depend on the paper format: on a "3x5 index card" or A4 the
result is the same.

The printer is rather old, HP Laserjet P1505, installed with the
proprietary HP plugin via HPLIP. It prints all A4 documents I could try
without any visibile issue (except for the toner issue). No spurious
stripes at all.

Both via Writer or Evince I'm printing with the PDF driver. The only
other driver is Postscript, but the printers is a PCL one, though I
could not find a PCL driver. Maybe I had not search enough.

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Best regards.

A technique that printers (vocation) use is to print the document onto larger paper and then cut it down to the final size. If you have ever downloaded a PDF FOSS book, you may have seen this technique.

David