Re: Frozen mouse and keyboard

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 4:22 AM Mick Ab <recoverymail123890@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a fairly new desktop PC running Debian 11. Recently there have been a few occasions when the PC has failed to
be woken up in the morning after being left overnight. The mouse and keyboard are frozen. Sometimes the monitor appears to be off and on
one occasion it was on.

I leave my laptop on 24x7x365 and I do not have any issues. I do not have it setup to go to sleep or hibernate though. Have you tried putting the laptop to sleep then waking it, to see if you can recreate the bug?

A hard reboot has been used to reset the PC, but it is not a good idea to keep doing that.

There is also a worry that if there is a hardware fault, the situation might get worse over time.

Has anyone any idea as to what may be causing the problem and what would be the best way to try and solve it ?

I anticipate it might be difficult to solve the problem given that the fault is intermittent.