Re: had another crash, reboot usb failed, powerdown reboot usb failed

On Thursday, 2 June 2022 04:08:45 EDT Anssi Saari wrote:
> gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> writes:
> > Do I have to reset those perms everytime I'm forced to reboot, which
> > is usually in 5 to 10 days. Or is there someplace in
> > /lib/udev/rules.d where I can fix this until the next udev update?
>
> It seems almost certain the permissions for /dev/ttyUSB* won't stick,
> unless you fix them with udev rules (or some other means but udev's the
> tool for the job in my opinion).
>
> Do you really want to set all ttyUSB* to 777? Not 666 or 660 for
> example? The usual way is to apply a udev rule to a specific USB
> product and vendor ID which you can get from lsusb. But to change
> permissions on device files I think you can do
>
> KERNEL=="ttyUSB*", MODE="0777"
>
> in a udev rule file.

/dev/ttyUSB* seems to only apply to seriel adapters, which I have two of.
One driving a cm11a interface to talk to C10 stuff, and one driving a
ups.

Thank you Anssi. Take care and stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis