Re: Discovering DHCP hostname during original system installation

✓

> I know the netinstaller works on this laptop as I have done a
> successful install when within range of of local library's wifi and
> the installer is successfully detecting multiple local wifi sources.

Which netinstaller? In the next paragraph, you use the term "standard
netinstaller". Does this mean one without firmware?

> I am doing a fresh install from home using an Alcatel Linkzone to
> connect to my T-mobile account. I have had no problems doing this with
> standard netinstallers.

? That seems to be a new interpretation of the thread:

What's unsaid here is /how/ you use your Alcatel Linkzone to connect.

> After an install over library wifi the system had no problem
> connecting to the internet via the Linkzone.

So what's your question? And if it's meant to be the Subject line,
I don't see any relationship with the rest of the post.

My question is why are you trying to install it again? And if your
problem, whatever it is, is to do with the firmware version (I can't
see why extra packages would trip anything up), why do you need it:
you've already got all those packages at home anyway.

Cheers,
David.