Re: declarative (config file) way idea of handling the OS by way of the old system

IL Ka wrote:

> With a non-interactive frontend you can install all packages
> and configure them with one script.

Right, and I happen to know exactly what I want, I want - from
the repos, with the default configuration - if by
configuration you mean install options - these programs

  feh
  mpv
  openbsd-cwm
  picom
  rtorrent
  tmux
  xpdf
  xterm
  zsh

I also want Emacs but I'll install that myself thank you since
I like a more recent version than the one found in the repos.
But I used that or the corresponding ones during that period
for several years so I know there's nothing wrong with it.

Any idea how that would look? I mean the feh-zsh list.

> There is a term "Configuration as code"

To me it's just a configuration file like all software has or
should have (like a man page and --help and --version
options), that's the first step, if you then would like to go
on and have a real programming language to do it (and more,
better etc) like Elisp for Emacs, Lua for mpv etc that sounds
great to me! CL for Debian maybe? Or Python since everyone
uses that. Or both, only not in combination ...

> There is a good explanation, and even a book!
> https://martinfowler.com/bliki/InfrastructureAsCode.html

Amazing!

--
underground experts united