Re: Firewall blocking my new Debian 11 server ports 80 and 443

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 07:06 IL Ka <kazakevichilya@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone have a good reason for me to NOT install and enable UFW?

ufw can't be used with ipset AFAIK, and I use ipset for many reasons (fail2ban, block access outside of my country etc).
But If you only SSH your host from one static IP, you probably do not need fail2ban at all.

Good to know. But does fail2ban require ipset?

Anyway, I am not sure that port 80 is blocked by your firewall and not your hosting firewall

They never have before in over 15 years, and, before I got this server started, its mate was serving fine. But if the ufw doesn't work, I'll ask them.