Re: Firewall blocking my new Debian 11 server ports 80 and 443

Tom Browder wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 14:11 Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > As the bare-iron server came from my long-time cloud provider (since
> > Debian 6), incoming ports 80 and 443 are blocked.
>

> A little more digging shows the new server is using fail2ban and nft
> tables, so I
> need help on how to properly allow https and http inbound.

We have established that you do not have a firewall on your
machine blocking ports. iptables and nftables control the same
underlying mechanism, and you have clearly set the policy to
ACCEPT.

Therefore, something outside of your machine is blocking the
ports, or you are misreading or misusing the tools that are
telling you the ports are blocked.

Tell us how you are checking the ports.

-dsr-