Re: Debian desktop environment

On Tue 24 May 2022 at 13:27:29 +0200, Antonino Saetta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After my surrender to Jessie I've thought of moving on with Stretch.

Careful! If you go on like this you will end up installing bullseye :).

> Currently I've installed it through the net, no problems at all.
>
> So I was wondering, why am I asked to choose (or not) a GNOME desktop
> environment, other than *Debian desktop environment*?
>
> I thought that Debian is GNOME by default...

It needn't be GNOME, but it has been for quite some time.

> Also, what's the lightest desktop? Default, XFCE or LXDE...?

Lightest? In terms of disk space used?

  apt install task-xfce-desktop
  apt unstall take-gnome-desktop
  apt unstall xfce4
  etc

Lool at the additional disk space to be used.

--
Brian.