Re: setting path for root after "sudo su" and "sudo" for Debian Bullseye (11)

On 5/22/22, Charles Kroeger <mbone@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>> There is no silver bullet that makes your system secure.
>
> I get a login shell with $su --login
>
> I don't have sudo installed
>
> is there something heretical about that, I should know?

If this is for your personal machine, no.

If this is a multi-user environment, you should be changing the root
password whenever someone that knows the root password leaves.  If you
use sudo exclusively to get root permissions then the number of people
leaving that could require a root password change is potentially
smaller.

Lee