Re: setting path for root after "sudo su" and "sudo" for Debian Bullseye (11)

On Thu, May 19, 2022, 3:14 AM 황병희 <soyeomul@doraji.xyz> wrote:
Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> writes:

> I need a special path setting for root after both "sudo" and "sudo

Just you try like as "sudo su -". Sometimes i use it that way.

When I need to use sudo or su to invoke executables, I fully qualify the path to sudo and the path to that specific executable by using their full path from /. And I often assign values to the important environment variables at the beginning of that same command line. Like...

joe="schmoe" slap="moe" /usr/bin/sudo ....

The idea is to draw a line around that invocation by limiting what it "knows".

Sincerely, Linux fan Byung-Hee

--
^고맙습니다 _白衣從軍_ 감사합니다_^))//