Re: firefox misbehaviour

On 5/20/22 22:57, Hans wrote:
Am Samstag, 21. Mai 2022, 05:09:38 CEST schrieb Russell L. Harris:
Hi Russell,

I do not have those issues you describe, but on my system firefox sometimes
completely freezes the system when calling some special websites.

Then nothing can be done, only the mouse is moving but no mouse clicking, nor
keyboard input is possible then.

The only way is the hard way: long press power button, so it switches off.

I admit, there are some plugins installed, like noscript and ublock origin,
which also might interfere.

However, for testing purposes on those sites I temporarly deactivate the
plugins.

And of course, it can not be excluded, that these sites also interfere with
the graphics driver, which is Nvidia.

I was experiencing a intermittent problems with Firefox, video, keyboard, mouse, USB, etc., on Debian 9/ 10/ 11 and Xfce for a year or more. Only recently did I discover that I had a bad mouse.

Over the years, I have destabilized more than one Debian system by installing software via some means other than official Debian packages. I checked my machines prior to discovering the mouse problem, and I had a few machines with a Debian package for Firefox or Thunderbird, and a Mozilla package for Thunderbird or Firefox. So, I reverted the mis-matching machines to Debian packages for both Firefox and Thunderbird. It did not solve the problem, but it eliminated one possible cause.

David