Re: Resetting a USB port in Debian 10

Jason <electron@emypeople.net> writes:

> What is the best way to power cycle or reset a USB port? I need to do
> this to reset a USB modem if it stops responding. The system in
> question is Debian 10 aarch64 on RockPi 4b+.

As far as I know, power cycling is not usually a function of USB.

For resetting, in my case a stupid mouse that doesn't come back after
sleep, I've used resetusb from https://github.com/mcarans/resetusb/

It has a convenient search function so I can just tell it to search for
my mouse by name instead of me having to fiddle with bus and device
numbers.

There's some discussion and alternative programs at
https://askubuntu.com/questions/645/how-do-you-reset-a-usb-device-from-the-command-line