Re: Analog-digital conversion with puzzling results...

On Sun, 2022-05-15 at 20:53 +0200, didier gaumet wrote:

Le dimanche 15 mai 2022 à 19:21 +0200, nimrod a écrit :

[...]
Recently, I wanted to convert some other tapes I found in the attic,
but something very strange is happening.

Some tapes I bought many year ago look ugly
[...]
But other tapes are captured well by the ADVC, even some I shoot by
myself about 30 years ago.
[...]

This could be caused by a copy protection mechanism like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHS#Copy_protection

There are some recipes on the net to bypass it, I do not know if it is
useful and reliable, for example:
https://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/mini-faq-macrovision-cheat-for-the-canopus-advc100.290888/

Wow, that worked perfeclty! I own an ADVC 110 instead of the older 110, but the trick has remained the same.

Many, many, many thanks!